Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Haiku a day

From now until January 15th, I've decided to write one haiku a day, an idea which comes from my friend Nathan at Amherst New Writers Club (http://amherstawc.blogspot.com--totally check it out, it's a great blog ☺).
At the end of that three-week period I'll pick my favorites and share them.
So, yeah! I thought that writing a short poem every day was a nice idea.
Actually, the original idea was to do a haiku every day for a year, but I am hopeless at that kind of long term thing. It's going to be a real challenge to do it steadily for even just three weeks. (I once decided that I was going to become ambidextrous and made the goal of simply writing the alphabet and the numbers with my non-dominant hand every day for a year. I think I did it once, the day I thought of it. It was then completely forgotten.)
I've been having a nice, relaxing winter break and I hope everyone else is too!
Cheers!
-Ava

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I can't wait to see the ones you share. I probably won't last a year, but it's worth a try. :)

    ReplyDelete