Monday, May 21, 2012

Samurai


I did this drawing in the Samurai exhibit at the National Geographic museum in DC.

I saw a poster in the hotel for a special exhibit on Titanic for the anniversary, and right away wanted to go. I didn't find out more about this particular exhibit or anything...which was a mistake, because it actually was significantly less cooler that I was expecting it to be. It was pretty sad. I was psyched about it and thinking there would be actual artifacts from the wreck, awesome things like that....
and I was wrong. They had one moderately cool thing (I guess...) which was one of the lifeboats they used in the movie (and it was a lot larger than they make it seem). So overall it was Not So Great.

But our tickets included the exhibit on samurai, and that was better.
I got to sit and draw some of the oldest known photos of Japan! Which is cool.

So remember, if you're a Titanic fan and in DC, skip the 100 Year Obsession "special exhibit" thing. Ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment